For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah
Three Reasons AAA Is Your Employer of Choice:
Putting Members First, by Putting You First
At the heart of our organization is our Members first culture. Whether evolving our products and services, or creating new community initiatives, our Members first thinking ensures every action we take starts and ends with a clearly defined Member benefit in mind. We are committed to helping our Team Members realize their full potential and take a broad approach to doing this.
- Training Opportunities – Our dedicated learning and development team design and deliver skill-based training programs tailored to our workforce needs. Each department also managing a training budget to supplement our in-house resources for external training and certification needs.
- Promote-from-within Philosophy – This approach provides our Team Members with first opportunity to hear about and post for most roles in the organization. We work diligently to give priority to internal Team Members for new opportunities.
- Performance Development Discussions – All Team Members participate in dialog with their manager on short- and long-term career aspirations and establish annual plans toward meeting their long-term goals.
- Mentoring Program – Mentoring provides Team Members with the opportunity to have a conversation with their manager once-removed and gain additional insight and coaching for career development.
- Succession Planning – Board and management commitment to succession planning is demonstrated through planned, structured dialog to identify and develop our talent pipeline.
- Better Place To Work – Our 10-point plan is a management commitment that guides our priorities and measures our progress. Regularly scheduled team talks, President’s awards, and engagement studies are some of the key initiatives under this program designed to support you and reinforce our culture.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion– Diversity is an important principle at AAA. We strive to maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and cultures of the communities in which our AAA Team Members live and serve our Members. We take a broad approach to diversity including 1) how we recruit and develop our Team Members; 2) how we present our brand and serve our Members; and 3) how we engage in our local communities.
Employment Benefits That Put You First
At AAA, our Members First culture extends to our employees as well. As you become the face of AAA and deliver on our promise to improve the lives of our Members, we offer a substantial benefits package that does the same for you.
Our benefits package is comprehensive and customizable to your needs. Highlights include:
• Medical – We have a variety of choices available so that you can select what is best for you and your family. Some of our plans include Health Savings Accounts, which we help fund.
• Dental & Vision – Comprehensive plans are available with discounted fees for in-network providers.
• Reimbursement Accounts – Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter reimbursement accounts allow you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for certain costs in a tax friendly way.
• Employee Assistance Program – This free program for you and your dependents provides resources for a wide variety of needs you may have.
• Wellness Program – Reduce the costs of your medical plan and increase your vitality and health by participating in this voluntary program.
• Life Insurance – We will provide you with basic life insurance equal to your annual salary.
• Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance – You can acquire valuable protection and peace of mind when unforeseen events occur by enrolling in these plans.
• Free AAA Membership – You will receive a club membership that provides roadside service, access to special discounts and much more.
• Discounts on Auto and Home Insurance – You will be eligible to receive a 10% reduction on premiums if you enroll in AAA auto and homeowner’s insurance.
• Car Seat Reimbursement – We want to help ensure the safety of your newborn through this program.
• Retirement Savings – Through our 401(k) plan, our generous $1 for $1 company match on your eligible contributions will help you build for your retirement goals faster. In addition, each year we consider additional discretionary contributions that can be up to 6% of your pay.
• Paid Time Off – Company-paid holidays and time off programs are geared to give you the opportunity for work-life balance. We also provide up to 24 hours a year of time off earmarked for volunteer activities you wish to pursue in your local community.
• Flexible Work Arrangements – Flextime and work-from-home programs support work-life balance goals.
• Sabbatical Leaves – Tenured service Team Members can take advantage of a longer break to refresh and renew.
Our Community Focus
Since its founding in 1900, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah has a long tradition of helping people. While at our core, we provide a wide array of automotive, travel, insurance and financial services that protect our Members and their families, we’re also committed to helping build healthier, safer, stronger communities.
AAA has been a leader in developing and supporting educational and safety programs for motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists. We have focused special attention on three high risk groups – children, teens and seniors.
- Free child car seat inspections at AAA by a nationally Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in more than 37 branches in Northern California, Nevada and Utah.
- AAA School Safety Patrol. AAA supports over 200 schools and 6,000 patrollers annually
- AAA Keys2Drive, the only online teen driving resource tailored by state and phase in the learning-to-drive process.
- AAA.com – Provides expert advice about how aging affects one’s ability to drive safely
Hundreds of our employees volunteer each year to make our local communities better places to live and work. We believe our commitment to volunteerism is an integral part of what makes us a good corporate citizen and a great place to work. Each of our branch offices and regions assess their local community needs and coordinate volunteer activities. Activities include local causes and events, clothing, toy and food drives, traffic safety events such as car seat checkup events, bike rodeos and more.
Supporting first responders—the selfless police officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians and search and rescue groups that sacrifice their safety in order to help others—is our main philanthropic giving-focus. We fund organizations and programs dedicated to emergency support, survivor empowerment and disaster education. Learn more about our efforts.