Qualitative User Experience Researcher
Job Category: A3Ventures
Work Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7837343
Job ID: J102945
Date: November 6, 2017
* Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business and improve marketing performance.
* Provide leadership and creativity by utilizing advanced quantitative methods from the fields of statistics, operations research, economics and data mining to identify opportunities to bring value to the business and influence decision making.
* Apply strong analytical skills and ability to efficiently frame and solve unstructured and complex analytical problems.
* Analytic tasks may include creating response and uplift models, cross-sell / up-sell analysis, retention models, churn forecasting, offer optimization, customer value analysis, etc.
* Contributes to the development of analytic/research plans that achieve the business line objectives.
* Acts as an analytic consultant and project manager to provide actionable business solutions
* Multivariate statistical analysis and model building
* Predictive modeling
* Operational research
* Use knowledge of marketing analytic disciplines to solve unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure
* Experience/familiarity with market research including survey design, questionnaire development and data analysis
* 5 years of experience using quantitative methods: general and generalized linear models
* 5 years of experience in SAS programming, as well as some professional experience using SAS Enterprise Miner;
* 2 years of experience writing SQL code in relational database environment;
* 2 years of experience writing statistically-related code in ‘R’, Python, or Matlab (or equivalent); and
* Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with both a business and technical audience. Ability to present and sell results to management.
* Establish operational objectives and work plans based on the needs of business partners (preferred)
* Business partner relationship skills (preferred)
* Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
* Bachelor’s degree in related area (BA/BS degree in business, statistics, computer science or related discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 6 – 7 years Marketing experience (preferred)
* 0 – 2 years supervisory experience (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Problem Solving (Proficient)
Quality Orientation (Proficient)
Qualitative Market Research Advanced
User Experience Testing Intermediate
Market Research Intermediate
Data Analysis Intermediate
Strategic Thinking Advanced
Bachelor degree in Social Science – anthropology, sociology, cognitive psychology, or related field. Required
Master’s degree preferred
7 years relevant job experience required
Agency or lab experience preferred
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah