Product Marketing Manager: Car Sharing- A3Ventures
Job Category: A3Ventures Roles
Work Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7164482
Job ID: J101373
Date: February 14, 2017 Located in Oakland’s Jack London Square, A3Ventures was established by AAA to design, build, and launch new businesses. Over 100 years ago, AAA was born of disruptive forces, when the automobile began to replace the horse and buggy. Today, global megatrends are at it again, with self-driving cars, collaborative consumption, and the IoT fostering disruptive business models and changing consumer behavior. These advancements in technology create large societal benefits, and they also represent an existential threat to AAA’s current business model.
With this in mind, A3Ventures was established as a physically and operationally autonomous unit to embrace change and launch and scale a portfolio of new businesses. A3’s unique link to AAA – one of America’s most trusted brands, loyal 50+ million Member franchise, omni -channel distribution network, and culture of service – enables us to scale new solutions far more quickly than otherwise possible. We are an organization whose legacy is built upon service, not profits, uniquely positioning us to be a trusted source of physical and digital solutions that help people make sense of a rapidly changing, complex, and connected world.
The first new venture to be launched by A3Ventures is a one-way car share business – positioned at the intersecting trends of mobility, collaborative consumption, and sustainability. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our founding team. As Product Marketing Manager, you will help drive rapid consumer adoption and inspire amazing brand loyalty.
What you’ll do
- Design strategies: Design communication strategies to attract new users
- Grow the business: Set and achieve awareness, acquisition, activation, and retention targets
- Execute tactics : Identify, develop, and manage a portfolio of acquisition and engagement channels (e.g., website, app, email, social, out-of-home, video, radio, public relations, referrals)
- Optimize resources : Design and execute tests, analyze results, and make changes to improve ROI
- Embody the voice of the customer: Lead industry, competitor, and consumer research
Why work for us?
Impact . Reinvent AAA and the services we deliver to 50+ million Members whose lives we help improve.
Development . Our team is designed to incubate not just business concepts but also business leaders.
Recognition . We offer a competitive total compensation package including salary, performance bonus, benefits, and 401(k) company match and discretionary contributions.
Lifestyle . We do honorable work, and we practice our values: respect, integrity, teamwork, and service.
What you need to succeed
- Studies the P&L to understand both sources of income and the sources of costs that impact product performance.
- Brand development and stewardship
- New user acquisition experience across a broad portfolio of marketing channels
- Consumer lifecycle management experience
- Experience managing marketing automation systems
- Experience working in, or leading engagements with, marketing agencies
- Product management experience, partnering with technology leaders and optimizing conversion funnels
- 5+ years combined leadership experience in marketing, brand, and product management
- Experience working in a consumer packaged goods organization preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and an MBA is preferred
- You use good judgment, and you contribute to strategy and align your actions to support it.
- You apply disciplined fact-based judgment, balance rewards and risks, and deliver on commitments.
- You contribute towards a high performing team with heart, and you embrace diversity.
- You have excellent communication skills and can translate complex details into simple user content.
- You have superior analytical skills, and you consistently demonstrate structured thinking.
- You know how to evolve your thinking and strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- You have excellent interpersonal and teaming skills and the ability to work well with a range of people.
- You have exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- You exhibit strong attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability.
- You have advanced data analytics skills and excellent business writing skills.
- You have a passion for driving deep levels of user engagement and retention.
- You have a strong interest in mobility, urbanization, sustainability, and community building.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah