Roadside Emergency Technician
Job Category: Roadside Service/Automotive
Work Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7161385
Job ID: J101308
Date: March 10, 2017 Want to work for a company known for its legendary service? A company where trust and doing the right thing are central to everything they do? We’re looking for people with great customer service skills who know how to take charge and provide just what the customer needs in an automotive emergency.
Spend your days outdoors, managing situations as they arise in a way that suits your skills and abilities. Here you’re able to answer calls on your own with minimal supervision so you’re able to control your workday as it unfolds each day. Join us and make this a job you’ll love!
Why work for us?
- Training – You’ll attend a thorough, comprehensive, three-week training program
- Great Pay – $17.50/hour + a 5% increase at 6 months
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more!
- 401k Matching – $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of pay
- Collaborative Environment – AAA will value your contribution to providing exceptional service to our members
What our Roadside Emergency Technicians do:
- Driving and operating a service vehicle (i.e., loading/towing vehicles, flat tire changes, lock-out, fuel delivery services, etc.)
- On-scene time interacting with customer/establishing rapport, building relationships, trust and problem solving
- Utilizing on-board computer, radio communications, and mapping systems
- Completion of daily paperwork (i.e. call-logs, battery invoices, cash receipts, etc.)
- Inspecting and submitting maintenance reports of company vehicles for safe and efficient operation
- Education and training, i.e.: AAA Compliance Training, RPST,TSAAC, Lock-out, PSP, Battery Service Training
Education & Experience/Licenses & Certification
- Ability to drive a manual/automatic shift vehicle
- Customer service skills and the ability to interact with a wide-range of people
- Basic math skills
- Basic automotive knowledge
- At least 6 years’ experience operating a motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Bilingual communication skills a plus
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Vocational technical automotive training/certification or equivalent experience (preferred)
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification(preferred)
**Please note that you will be asked to complete a candidate assessment following your application, via email. Your application will not be considered until the assessment has been completed.**
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah