Accounting Service Associate
Job Category: Accounting/FinanceAdministrative Support Roles
Work Location: Emeryville, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7083857
Job ID: J101205
Date: January 10, 2017 Welcome! Our vision is to be America’s most trusted organization, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. We’re all here to support our Members and provide them with legendary service. By joining our organization, you get to be part of this exciting vision. As a AAA Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing . With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
- Identifies items for adjustments, provides data for the verification of internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of moderately complex account documents; makes adjustments as needed.
- Processes corrections and cancellations within system application and ensures proper authorization.
- May verify and process invoices, match invoices and purchase orders. Assigns codes, identifies accounts, and prepares data transaction sheets.
- Receives, logs and posts financial data to manual and computerized systems. Ensures revenues/payments are accounted for and posted according to established internal procedures and customer policy.
- Researches and resolves any issues with discrepancies in payments, follows up on delinquent transactions.
- Provides information to internal or external contacts on financial activities and records of moderate complexity.
- Researches and resolves any out of balance conditions that occurred during batch processing.
- Assures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period or batch cycle.
- Analyzes and audits various accounts of moderate complexity and volume.
- May post and balance subsidiary ledgers and system output reports to the General Ledger. Balances moderately complex General Ledger accounts.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities, while maintaining attention to detail
- Knowledge of business, accounting or commercial protocols and procedures
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with others in a professional and diplomatic manner, both verbally and in writing
- Sound mathematical and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of the business unit’s applications
- PC skills including knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- 1-3 years relevant experience and training
- 2-4 years previous relevant work experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related area (preferred)
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
A career with AAA NCNU is unique, just like you. Through our robust Team Member value proposition, we strive to create an environment where you can thrive, our Members experience legendary service and we positively impact the communities we work and live in.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah