Job Category: Sales
Work Location: Antioch, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7082695
Job ID: J101199
Date: January 10, 2017 Welcome! Our vision is to be America’s most trusted organization, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. We’re all here to support our Members and provide them with legendary service. By joining our organization, you get to be part of this exciting vision. As a AAA Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing . With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
* Sells International & Domestic vacation packages, cruises, tours, hotel, car rental, rail and air travel
* Owns the relationship with the member from beginning to end of each travel related transaction
* Researches, evaluates and compares appropriate AAA Travel Partner packages to match up with member needs for the purpose of “delivering exceptional member experiences” in every transaction
* Stays current with world events and latest travel industry developments and trends, and provides
relevant information to members
* Processes and interprets travel documents for members purchasing travel products with AAA and inform them of governmental requirements
* Investigates and responds to travel-related member questions/complaints, and recommends solutions
* Initiates contact with members and past customers to prospect for new business and encourages repeat business
* Maintains minimum production goals in the following areas: Travel sales, sales of Travel Partner and proprietary products (i.e. Sojourns, AAA Vacations)
* Cross-sells products and services (e.g., insurance (P&C, Life), new membership accounts, etc.)
* Ability to clearly communicate (verbal and written) in English
* Basic computer (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.) and industry specific applications (e.g., Galileo, VAX, etc.) and telephone skills
* GDS experience required (Apollo/Galileo/Travelport)
* Detailed knowledge of travel products
* Knowledge of worldwide geography, the ability to read and interpret maps and brochures
* Strong consultative selling skills with the ability to listen to members’ needs
* Ability to identify customer needs and recommend solutions
* Self-motivated sales drive and documented sales success
* Application of good judgment and decision making
* Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
* Bilingual communication skills are a plus
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2 years of recent experience selling international and domestic travel services (preferred)
* Travel Institute certification as “CTA, CTC, or CTIE” (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 70-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Customer Centricity (Proficient)
Adaptive Learning (Proficient)
Interpersonal Savvy (Expert) Listening (Expert)
Dealing with Ambiguity (Intermediate)
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
A career with AAA NCNU is unique, just like you. Through our robust Team Member value proposition, we strive to create an environment where you can thrive, our Members experience legendary service and we positively impact the communities we work and live in.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah